Coaching and Cascade Programmes for Dementia Care Professionals
Have you been thinking how you or your staff would like to develop within your health or care organisation?
Liferoots programmes are based on up to date research, best practice and are provided by qualified, emotionally intelligent, experienced facilitators who deliver in a meaningful and practice-based way.
We can upskill your workforce by providing practical dementia knowledge and understanding at a level suitable for your staff and organisational need - using standard, bespoke and accredited programmes as required. We offer;
• The RSPH/Alzheimer’s Society ‘ Understanding Dementia’; A baseline Award for all professional carers
• Dementia developing understanding to enable better practice and compassionate care
• Mandatory training incorporating dementia themes – e.g. manual handling
• Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Coaching/ Cascade Programmes
Our coaching programmes are designed to enable participants to provide coaching to others (this could include staff who are undertaking the Care Certificate) and developing coaching cultures . This facilitative process places an emphasis on unlocking capabilities through guiding, listening and questioning, rather than instructional teaching.
You may wonder how the coaching programmes will benefit you and/or your organisation?
The benefits of this approach include;
- improved confidence, communication skills, and self awareness
- increased capability, ability to instigate and embed behaviour change to achieve greater engagement and commitment
- creating a more responsive and happy workplace and community.
Participants and Professional Observers commented:
“the trainer has excellent communication skills with her learners; she was approachable and made the learners feel calm and comfortable. She spoke with clarity and passion for her subject, she made all learners feel valued."
"by confirming theory through the sharing of personal examples clearly proved an effective method of helping individuals to relate with both theoretical models and each other”.
Quality impact and outcomes measures can be identified and evidenced throughout the progressive journey. Upon completion of programmes, participants have the option to undertake appropriate Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching and Mentoring Certificates or Diplomas.